Labor Day Weekend is upon us and you can’t have a Labor Day without a great selection of drinks for the occasion. Celebrate your day 3-day weekend to the fullest! Set up an amazing array of delicious beverages for everyone to enjoy. If you have any of the drinks on this guide you will surely impress all your friends and family that weekend.
So whether you are camping out on a lake or just barbecuing in your backyard, don’t get caught without something delicious to sip on. Try any of these out:
Hot Pink Lemonade
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 7 cups cool water
- 2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup of vodka
Boil one cup of water with the sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until the liquid becomes clear. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Pour 7 cups of cool water and ice into a serving pitcher. Add the lemon syrup, vodka, and blueberries; stir until you get a 'hot pink' color.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 strips orange zest
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt or sugar for rimming glasses
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
White Peachy Sangria
- 4 (750 milliliter) bottles moscato wine
- 4 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh raspberries
Stir moscato wine, lemon-lime soda, brandy, peach schnapps, peaches, strawberries, mangos, pineapple chunks, and raspberries together in a large container and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of vodka
- Bring 2 cups water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan; cook at a boil for 3 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar, and creating a simple syrup.
- Combine simple syrup, 6 cups water, orange juice, and lemon juice in a large pitcher; refrigerate until cold.
Take advantage of your long weekend and whip up one or ALL of these amazing drinks! You definitely won’t regret it. Cheers to the Labor Day Weekend!